“Frequently asked questions”
- Do you allow pets?
No, unfortunately we cannot allow pets. This also applies to pets belonging to visitors to our campsite guests.
- What are the dimensions of the beds in the rentalobjects?
The dimensions of the beds are 80 x 200 cm.
- Where is the nearest supermarket?
The nearest supermarket, the Duinshop, is located 200 meters from the entrance of Ginsterveld. If you leave the campsite through the back gate, you will come across a small supermarket (de Spar) 450 meters away. In the village of Burgh-Haamstede you will find an Aldi and Albert-Heijn about 4 km away.
- Are showers / hot water included?
Yes, this is included in your reservation.
- Can I bring a guest while staying at Ginsterveld?
Each camping pitch is allowed a maximum of 6 people. If you don’t exceed the maximum, you can have guests stay over (for a fee). Are you staying in an accommodation? The total number of people must not exceed the maximum.
- Can I park my car at the campsite pitch or accommodation?
We allow for 1 car per reservation on the campsite. You can park your car at your tent or caravan, or on one of the dedicated parking spaces. Additional cars can be parked at the parking outside the campsite.
- Can I put up an extra tent?
Yes, you can, but only at the campsite pitches. The extra tent should not be larger than 8 m2 and must be placed within the boundaries of your own space. Extra tents are not allowed at the rental chalets.
- Can we bring two cars during our stay?
Your booking includes one car by default. If you come with an extra car, you can park this car in our free parking lot outside the campsite (at the entrance).
Arrival & departure
- What are the arrival and departure hours?
For the campsite: check-in is from 2 PM and check-out is before 11 AM.
For the rental chalets: check-in is from 3:30 PM and check-out is before 10:30 AM.
- What if I arrive at a later hour and the reception is closed?
The reception is open from Mon-Sun from 09:00 AM - 5 PM. We generally have longer opening hours on Mon-Sat until 7 PM during the peak season. If you arrive later, you can use the intercom next to the reception and we will come to check you in.
Facilities & opening hours
- Are there disabled sanitary facilities?
Yes, there is disabled sanitary facilities in the sanitary building on field E.
- Do you have WiFi?
Yes, we have FREE WiFi on the park.
- Is the indoor playground also accessible to visitors or people from outside the campsite?
No, the indoor playground is only accessible to guests staying at our campsite.
- Is the swimming pool accessible to visitors from outside the campsite?
No, our swimming pool may only be used by our own guests.
- When will the animation team be present?
We have an animation program during the weekends and regular school holidays
Reservation & payment
- Can I cancel my holiday?
If you have purchased cancellation insurance through Ginsterveld, you can cancel your holiday after providing evidence. If you cancel your holiday without an insurance, you will be charged a minimum of 15% and a maximum of 100% of the base price in accordance with the RECRON terms and conditions. Cancellations must always be done by email.
- How can I book more than one camping pitch or accommodation?
Multiple pitches or accommodations must be booked separately.
- How can I pay for my holiday?
After booking, you will receive a booking confirmation which specifies the payment deadlines. The first payment deadline is usually two weeks after booking, and the second one is approximately one month before arrival at the park.
- I have not yet received confirmation of my payment; has it gone through?
We do not send payment confirmations. If you are unsure if your payment was successful, please contact us and we can check this for you.
- Will I receive confirmation of my cancellation?
Yes, you will always receive confirmation of your cancellation.